Apple immediately is formally releasing iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 to the general public. After over a month of beta testing, iOS 15.1 brings new options together with SharePlay, upgrades to the Digicam utility for iPhone 13 customers, and far more. Head beneath for the complete particulars on what’s new in iOS 15.1.
The main characteristic of iOS 15.1 is assist for SharePlay. This characteristic was initially slated to be included within the preliminary launch of iOS 15, however Apple delayed it so it might proceed to refine its capabilities. Apple describes SharePlay as a “new approach to share synchronized experiences in FaceTime.”
SharePlay is supported by built-in functions together with the Apple TV app, Apple Music, and Health+. Third-party builders can even faucet into the ecosystem as properly, permitting you to make use of SharePlay by way of a wide range of totally different apps, video games, streaming companies, and extra.
For extra particulars on how SharePlay works, make sure you try our full hands-on proper right here.
Digicam app upgrades
In the meantime, the Digicam app is getting a pair of notable updates in iOS 15.1 on the iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max. This contains assist for ProRes video seize in addition to disabling automated digital camera switching when taking macro pictures and movies.
Full launch notes
Different enhancements with iOS 15.1 embrace the power to retailer your COVID-19 vaccination card within the Pockets utility, House app enhancements, Shortcuts updates, and extra.
You’ll be able to replace your iPhone by going to the Settings app, selecting Basic, then selecting Software program Replace. The complete launch notes are beneath.
- SharePlay is a brand new approach to share synchronized experiences in FaceTime with content material from the Apple TV app, Apple Music, Health+, and different supported App Retailer apps
- Shared controls give everybody the power to pause, play, rewind or quick ahead
- Sensible quantity robotically lowers the audio of a film, TV present or music when your pals communicate
- Apple TV helps the choice to look at the shared video in your massive display screen when you proceed the FaceTime name on iPhone
- Display screen sharing lets everybody on a FaceTime name have a look at pictures, browse the net, or assist one another out
- ProRes video seize utilizing iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max
- Setting to show off automated digital camera switching when taking macro pictures and movies on iPhone 13 Professional and iPhone 13 Professional Max
- COVID-19 vaccination card assist permits you to add and current verifiable vaccination info from Apple Pockets
- Mandarin Chinese language (Taiwan) assist within the Translate app and for system-wide translation
- New automation triggers based mostly on the present studying of a HomeKit-enabled humidity, air high quality, or mild stage sensor
- New pre-built actions allow you to overlay textual content on photos or gifs, plus a brand new assortment of video games allows you to go the time with Siri
This launch additionally fixes the next points:
- Pictures app might incorrectly report storage is full when importing pictures and movies
- Climate app might not present present temperature for My Location, and should show colours of animated backgrounds incorrectly
- Audio enjoying from an app might pause when locking the display screen
- Pockets might unexpectedly give up when utilizing VoiceOver with a number of passes
- Out there Wi-Fi networks will not be detected
- Battery algorithms up to date on iPhone 12 fashions to higher estimate battery capability over time
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.